logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

28.2.11

The Prophet- Portrait of Dutch Right-Wing and Anti-Islam Politician Geert Wilders with Muslims



The Prophet

Portrait of Dutch right-wing and
anti-islam politician Geert Wilders
with Muslims


G. Boersma
acrylics on masonite
48" x 36" or 122 x 91,5 cm
2011


SOLD

Here it is: the end of the mystery tour. If you put all the pieces of the puzzle together you get this portrait of Dutch right-wing and anti-islam politician Geert Wilders. With the elections coming up this wednesday I thought it would be a perfect time to show it.

I jokingly entitled my painting The Prophet as a lot of people in the Netherlands see him that way. From a distance it shows Wilders smiling, up close it’s obvious that the painting is build up of numerous smaller portraits. Portraits of muslims that is. Over 750 are staring at viewer. A very precise work of art which took me over 3 months to create.

The painting makes clear that Wilders and muslims are inextricable bound up with each other. The politician would have never gotten this far if it wasn’t for the muslims. Unwillingly they build up Wilders’ reputation. A thank you would be in order. Without his pride horse Wilders would be lost. Although he probably would find some other group to take its place, like Zionists, Indonesians, Frisians or perhaps East-Europeans, who knows.

My work expresses the idea that no group should be excluded from society. I often say muslims are the new Jews. Meaning that they are now getting the blame for almost everything that goes wrong in Western society, we all know how that ended up for the Jews. Of course the comparison ends there.

I would love to send my painting on a campaign through the country, but for now it can be only seen at my studio during working hours, in the evenings and weekends with appointment only.

All larger detail pictures and the painting itself can be seen together here. I would love it if you could assist me in getting the painting out there, as I feel this is an important image a lot of people need to see. If you feel the same please feel free to share it, post it on your website or contact me for any additional things you might need. I'm looking forward hearing from you!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop and available works
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about