logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

11.6.18

Guardian- Attendant Guarding Simon Vouet's Venus And Adonis



Guardian
painting of attendant standing in front of
Simon Vouet's Venus and Adonis
as seen in the Getty Center in LA

G. Boersma
acrylic on masonite
36 3/4" x 22 2/3" or 93,3 x 57,5 cm
2009
SOLD

In 2009 I visited Los Angeles as I was showing my work at the LA Art Show. Friends who were so kind to let me stay at their house urged me to visit the Getty. So I did!

Located on a hill and accessible only by a little train this museum not only offers spectacular art, the views are spectacular as well.

Inside I saw this guard in front of Simon Vouet's Venus and Adonis. I took a picture which I later used as a reference.

Quite a while later my friends visited the Getty themselves and recognized the guard from my painting!

They asked if he knew a painter from the Netherlands had paint him in front of this baroque painting. Of course he didn't had a clue and was quite surprised to hear so!

My friends made sure he saw an image of the painting in which he played a leading role. He absolutely loved it!

kind regards, Gerard

webshop and available works
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about