logo1 gerard boersma
Wissesdwinger 1, studio no. 8
contact info@gerardboersma.nl

7.6.18

Waste Of Time- Painting Of My Brother Lying On The Couch At My Parent's House To Watch Some TV

Waste Of Time
painting of my brother lying on the couch at my parent's house to watch some tv

G. Boersma
acrylic on masonite
15" x 20" or 38 x 51 cm
2005

One night, I believe it was Christmas eve, I saw my brother lying on the coach at my parent's house to watch some television. I grabbed my camera, took a pic which I later used as a reference for this painting.

If you look closely you see a lamp, a donkey and a dog sitting on top of the tv. My parents actually had those things there.

To me the lamp symbolizes enlightenment. That's the relief you think you get from watching tv. In reality it's a burden to watch, represented by the donkey. But you faithfully keep on watching anyway. This faith is symbolized by the dog.

By the way, did you notice that there's literally nothing to watch already?

All the best, Gerard

webshop and available works
info@gerardboersma.nl
www.gerardboersma.blogspot.com

available paintings about